WideAngle gives Administrators three levels of user access into their WideAngle account. These may, or may not, map to your organizational structure. The "WideAngle Access" setting in the user administration panel simply controls what the user is able to do within the product.
"User" is the most basic permission level in WideAngle. A user with WideAngle Access of user is allowed to:
- Login to WideAngle
- Receive and submit briefs
- Create deliverables
- View and comment on content shared to their team
- View and comment on publicly shared content in the organization
- WideAngle for Sales only: view the metrics for themselves and their Role.
"Manager" serves as a middle ground between "User" and "Admin" permissions. You should give the manager permission to users that would have direct reports, but should not have have full read and configuration privileges to your WideAngle instance. A manager can do everything a "User" can do and gains the following abilities:
- Create and manage Briefs for their team
- Appear as a manager in the manager assignment dropdown
- Create brand new roles (through the create Brief functionality)
- Invite brand new users (through the Brief Recipients dialog)
- WideAngle for Sales only: view metrics for their role and the roles of any direct reports
- WideAngle for Sales only: manage the goals for a role and user
"Admin" is the highest permission level in WideAngle. Admins can do everything managers and users can do, as well as configure the entire organization, including:
- Access all settings screens
- Create other Admins
- View all statistics for all teams
- Add the Salesforce integration
- Reassign roles for users
- Reassign managers for users
- WideAngle for Sales only: Create email reports
- WideAngle for Sales only: Create leaderboards
- WideAngle for Sales only: Associate metrics to a role
- WideAngle for Sales only: Create and manage Custom and Group Metrics
Can Admins receive a brief (or be assigned a manager)?
Yes, admins can be assigned to any eligible manager within the organization. This is very common, as the person responsible for purchasing software often has a boss.
Can a User be assigned two managers?
No, this is not something that we support. WideAngle is built to maximize the productivity and value of the 1:1 meeting between managers and their direct reports. We understand that the real world is not so simple, so we have built a few features that maximize the impact of the 1:1 while still allowing some flexibility. In these situations, we recommend assigning users to the manager that is most responsible for that person's work and career growth and sharing the relevant snippets to the other managers in their sphere.